Your Injuries are Specific to You
A burn is an injury to the skin caused by exposure to thermal (heat), cold, electricity, chemicals, radiation, and friction.
Thermal Burns are the most common type of burns today. It occurs when hot food, scalding liquids, steam, or flames come in contact with you. These are usually caused by fires, automobile accidents, playing with matches, improperly stored gasoline, space heaters, and electrical malfunctions.
- Electrical Burns are caused by contact with electrical sources or lightning.
- Chemical Burns are caused by exposure to industrial chemicals or a mixture of household chemicals.
- Radiation Burns are caused by sun, tanning booths, or radiation therapy for cancer.
- Friction Burns are caused by contact to any hard surface such as roads (road rash). They are usually both a scrape and a thermal burn. Friction burns are most commonly seen in athletes, motorcycle riders, and bicycle riders.
Burns are very prone to infection.
At Murphy Law Firm LLC, our experienced attorneys provide representation for Personal Injury cases in Louisiana. With more than 28 years of combined legal experience, our lawyers work hard to obtain successful resolutions for our clients and their families. Our lawyers will deal with the insurance company and work to ensure that they live up to their obligations and pay you the compensation you deserve. Do not sign any settlement offer or offer any statement to the insurance company without first consulting with Murphy Law Firm LLC. Don't Be A Victim Twice!
There are three levels of burns:
- 1st degree burns affect only the outer layer of skin. They cause redness, swelling, pain, and sometimes a slight fever.
- 2nd degree burns affect both the outer and underlying layer of skin. They cause pain, redness, swelling, and blistering.
- 3rd degree burns affect all skin layers. They cause white or blackened, charred and leathery. There is usually no pain in the beginning because the nerve endings in the skin have been destroyed, causing the skin to be numb.
Learn More about the Injuries You Suffered Caused By Your Accident
If you or someone you love has been involved in an accident and is injuries, contact us at Murphy Law Firm LLC to learn more about your injury and what our firm can do to help you get the compensation you deserve. Call our Baton Rouge office locally at 225-928-8800 to make an appointment for a free initial consultation. All cases are taken on a contingency basis.